Stress-Relax® Suntheanine® L-Theanine
- Reduces stress
- Promotes relaxation without drowsiness
- Improves quality of sleep
- Diminishes symptoms of PMS
- Improves learning performance and concentration
- Reduces negative effects of caffeine
- May lower blood pressure
- May support the immune system
- Increases dopamine levels with no known side effects
- Counteracts caffeine over-consumption
L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea that exerts a profoundly relaxing, yet non-drowsy effect. It helps with stress, improves learning and concentration and may even reduce the jitters brought on by too much caffeine in coffee or cola.
This is the ‘feel-good' amino acid found in green tea. Studies show that L-Theanine produces tranquilizing effects in the brain without drowsiness. It calms by helping to increase alpha-brain waves, the electrical brain activity commonly present when you are very relaxed. By diminishing the feeling of stress, worry and anxiety, L-Theanine may actually help with focus, learning and concentration. Single dosages of 200 mg of L-Theanine have been shown effective in studies.
L-Theanine is very safe as attested to by the billions of green tea drinkers over thousands of years. It is estimated that a person who drinks 6 to 8 cups of green tea a day may consume between 200 to 400 mg of L-Theanine. L-Theanine helps us benefit from this relaxing amino acid without having to drink pots of green tea every day.